East Africa is quite simply the trip of a lifetime.
Climb Kilimanjaro Overview
Climb Kilimanjaro; one of the world’s greatest natural wonders. Located only 3 degrees south of the equator this dormant volcano rises high above lush green jungles and open plains to its glacier flanked summit. At 19340’/5895m this magnificent peak is the highest point on the African continent and the only place in the world where it’s possible to pass through five climate zones in five days.
Climb Kilimanjaro – What makes SMI climbs special
- SMI has unmatched intimate knowledge of this magnificent mountain having led expeditions to Kilimanjaro since 1996 by all seven routes.
- We offer the highest level of safety because our experienced guides are high altitude mountaineering veterans who are intimately familiar with climbing at high elevation. Therefore, they understand how best to set our groups up for success.
- Our 7-day itineraries are designed for proper acclimatization. Guests between ages 10 to 79 have summited with us. Our success rate since 1996 is 95%.
- We work with you to develop an effective training program. You are signing up for more than a 7-day climb; we are here to answer questions from the time you sign up.
- SMI guides have the latest training in mountain medicine protocols and treatment. All groups carry well stocked first aid kits, emergency oxygen, and pulse oximeters. While in a remote setting our itineraries allow for access to well established descent paths.
- Our friendly Tanzanian staff are the best having worked with our team for over 20 years. They deliver unmatched service because they understand the high standards we set for our trips. Consequently, our staff looks forward to us returning and are proud to share the pride of their homeland with us.
- Trained chefs serve tasty meals that include fresh vegetables and fruit and we proudly accommodate any diet restriction and food allergy. All water is clean and treated and because we camp in strategic locations there is never a shortage.
- SMI equipment is top quality. Two people share spacious 3-person tents. We also offer single tents for a nominal fee. Pleasant dining tents, tables, and chairs accompany all groups. Our staff provides warm wash water multiple times per day. Private toilets exclusively for our groups are also included.
What makes our safaris special
- Our safaris are perfect for non-climbing family and friends to join because they are seamlessly integrated into our itineraries.
- We offer superb animal viewing and photography in comfortable Land Rovers with removable rooftops.
- Our skilled safari guides maximize our chances of locating game because they’re intimately familiar with the animal patterns and behavior.
- Personal electronics can be charged on the go in our vehicles which are equipped with power outlets. Each vehicle has a cooler to store cold beverages.
- We stay in cozy lodges and tented camps handpicked from three decades of experience.
- The parks we visit include the famed Serengeti, the legendary Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, and Olduvai Gorge.
- We eliminate a long drive over rough roads at the end of our safari by flying from the middle of the Serengeti back over the ground we covered.
$7400.00 Kilimanjaro and safari
February 6-15, 2024 Kilimanjaro Climb
February 16-19, 2024 Safari
October 1-11, 2024 Kilimanjaro Climb
October 12-15, 2024 Safari
Book using the buttons below our contact our office.
Photo Galleries from completed trips!!
July 28 – August 3, 2023 Kilimanjaro via Umbwe Route. Photo gallery here.
October 1-10, 2019 Kilimanjaro by mountain bike. Photo gallery here.
February 15-21, 2019 Kilimanjaro via Umbwe Route. Photo gallery here.
October 23-28, 2018 Kilimanjaro via Machame Route. Photo gallery here.
February 18-26, 2017 Kilimanjaro via Northern Circuit Route. Photo gallery here.