JOHN MUIR TRAIL HIKE OVERVIEW (SOUTH TO NORTH)
The famous John Muir Trail takes a line down through the heart of the beautiful High Sierra Nevada taking in the some of best sights the mountains of California has to offer. This spectacular backpacking trip is one of world’s most famous long-distance hikes and a must-do for any long-distance hiking aficionado.
Our John Muir Trail hike is supported with multiple food drops, professional and personable mountain guides, private shuttles, top-notch logistics and gourmet backcountry food. We keep our group sizes small for everyone’s comfort and enjoyment.
Leave all the logistics and the cooking to your mountain guides and allow yourself to simply relax and enjoy one of America’s incredible wilderness journeys.
Food, Equipment & Lodging
We provide breakfast lunch, dinner and snacks prepared by your guide and backcountry chef from the time we meet till we part ways. We like to call our food “backcountry gourmet” which includes vegetables as well as freshly baked goods.
JOHN MUIR TRAIL HIKE SKILL & EXPERIENCE LEVEL
Very good to excellent physical conditioning is required. Previous backpacking experience is required with the ability to carry an overnight pack up to 12 miles a day for multiple days in a row.
Mt. Whitney to Tuolumne Meadows
July 20 – August 11, 2023
Mt. Whitney to Bishop Pass
July 20 – 31, 2023
Bishop Pass to Tuolumne Meadows
July 31 – August 11, 2023
Mt. Whitney to Tuolumne Meadows: $6100
Mt. Whitney to Bishop Pass: $3300
Bishop Pass to Tuolumne Meadows: $3300
Space is very limited! Book early to reserve your spot.
- Professional local mountain guides certified in emergency wilderness medicine, food handling & Leave No Trace Principles & trained in local natural history.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner prepared by your guide while in the field.
- Two nights hotel in the Eastern Sierra area. One night prior to the trip and one night after.
- Tents, kitchen gear, and permits
- Full logistical support with porter resupplies.