Keep your skills sharp with our AIARE Avalanche Rescue course
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a one-day stand alone course that is intended to be retaken on a regular basis in order to keep abreast of best practices in rescue techniques and gear. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue, while returning participants will expand their skill set with advanced topics and realistic scenario practice to help improve their skills.
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
At the end of the AIARE Avalanche Rescue course students should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continuing practice.
All students will have the opportunity to get feedback from an instructor on their rescue skills and timed practice in a realistic scenario.
Who should take the rescue course
The Avalanche Rescue Course is equally applicable to new and experienced recreational backcountry travelers and aspiring avalanche professionals.
Students need to have the ability to travel efficiently in backcountry terrain with skis/skins, splitboard/skins, or snowshoes.
December 12, 2021
January 23, 2022
February 20, 2022
March 13, 2022
April 10, 2022
Book using the button below or contact our office.
Photos from an AIARE 1 Avalanche Course February 25-27, 2020
Photos from an AIARE 1 Avalanche Course March 2-4, 2019