Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
January 24-28, 2020
January 29-31, 2020 (Recert Only)
The definitive wilderness course in medical training, leadership, and critical thinking for outdoor, low-resource, and remote professionals and leaders.
The Wilderness First Responder program is the ideal medical training for leaders in remote areas including outdoor educators, guides, military, professional search and rescue teams, researchers, and those involved in disaster relief. The curriculum is comprehensive and practical. It includes the essential principles and skills required to assess and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments for days and weeks if necessary. Critical thinking, risk management and prevention are a core component of the learning. If you:
- Like to play travel or work in remote places
- Are considering a job in the outdoor industry, forest or national park service
- Have ever been in a situation where something went wrong and you didn’t know what to do?
- Want to expand your skills so you can enjoy the beauty of the wilderness with family and friends with confidence
This course is for you!
What to Expect
The 5 Day Wilderness First Responder is an accelerated format where participants come to the course having already studied and completed 25 hours of pre-course work. This is perfect for participants with some subject familiarity or those with limited schedules willing to put 100% effort in.
Students must register at least 2 weeks before the course to allow adequate time for the 25 hours of pre-course work.
During the course 100% attendance is required to learn and demonstrate the skills to pass.
Must be at least 16 years of age. Those under 18 years of age must have written proof of parental consent.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification
- CPR Certification (Adult/ Child/ Infant CPR and AED training)
Sierra Mountaineering International has partnered with Natalie Brechtel owner of Sierra Wilderness Medicine and Lead instructor for WMA
Your course and certification are provided by Wilderness Medical Associates (WMA), the leading wilderness medical company in the US.